Polbin Andrey V.
- Candidate of Economic Sciences, Head of Department
- Head of the Department of Macroeconomic Modeling, Center for Macroeconomics and Finance
Date of birth: May 24, 1988
- 2005–2009 B.S. in Applied Physics and Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology;
- 2009–2011 M.S. in Applied Physics and Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology;
- 2009–2011 Certificate in Economics (completed all the obligatory courses under the Master program in Economics), New Economic School, Moscow;
- 2011 – present Ph.D. student in Economics, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy.
- EcoMod Modeling School, the course on "Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) Modeling Using the GIMF Model for Policy Analysis", Brussels, Belgium, July 11–15, 2011;
- EcoMod Modeling School, the course on "Overlapping Generation General Equilibrium Modeling with GAMS", Brussels, Belgium, July 18–22, 2011;
- International School of Input-Output Analysis, the course on "Compilation of Symmetric Input-Output Tables", Bratislava, Slovakia, June 24–25, 2012.
Membership in scientific associations
- The International Input-Output Association
- Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, Center for Macroeconomics and Finance, Research Fellow, May 2010 – present time;
- The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, Center for Economic Modeling of Energy and Environment, Research Fellow, May 2010 – present time.
Fields of interests
• DSGE and CGE modeling
• Monetary and Fiscal Policy
• Energy Economics
• Bayesian Econometrics
• Input-Output Analysis
- Final WIOD Conference: Causes and Consequences of Globalization, Groningen, The Netherlands, April 24–26, 2012;
- The 31st edition of the International Energy Workshop, Cape Town, South Africa, June 19–21, 2012;
- The 20th International Input-Output Conference, Bratislava, Slovakia, June 26–29, 2012;
- Gaidar Forum-2013, Round Table “The Economics of Climate Change”, Moscow, Russian Federation, January 18, 2013;
- The Sixteenth Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis (GTAP Conference), Shanghai, China, 12-14 June 2013;
- The 32nd edition of the International Energy Workshop (IEW), Paris, France, 19-21 June 2013;
- The 21st International Input-Output Conference, Kitakyushu, Japan, 8-12 July 2013.
- Econometric Estimation of Factors of the Business Cycle for the Russian Economy // SSRN. May 16, 2013. [In Russian]
- Development of a Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model for an Economy with High Dependence on Oil Export // Economic Journal of Higher School of Economics. 2013. 17 (2), P. 323-359. [In Russian]
- A theoretical interpretation of the oil prices impact on economic growth in contemporary Russia / Co-authors: G. Idrisov, M. Kazakova, A. Polbin // Russian Journal of Economics. Volume 1, Issue 3, September 2015, Pages 257–272.